November 15, 2010

A quick update while I wait for some paint to dry

Our grass really is growing!! Thanks to the rain and a few days in the 80's.  Hooray!

In order to cover the broom closet in the hallway, without having a door custom made, we made a curtain.  Chris designed the look and I did the sewing.

This was our failed attempt to wallpaper the upstairs. Notice how the supposedly heavy duty backer paper gets all bubbly? This happens every time it rains. The bubbles were getting worse and worse.


We abandoned the idea of wallpaper altogether. After spending a couple hundred dollars and 3 days putting up the nasty stuff, we spent another $50 and many hours taking it all down. 
And painted it instead. This pine wood drinks up the paint...but 6 gallons of paint and 4 coats later, the walls were white. More pictures to follow.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Chris sewed? I am impressed. You two are a power house. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ... I didn't sew. Elizabeth mistyped. I've learned a lot remodeling this house, but I'm yet to take up sewing. (the post is now corrected).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for the grass!! It will be great come spring, I'm sure. The white walls where worth it

    ReplyDelete