March 21, 2012

Wild Hair Day

Sometimes when I go get Esther from her nap...I have to leave her in the crib a minute longer so I can go get the camera.  Her hair is just too fun not to photograph.  
Esther upon waking from a particularly sweaty nap...entire head drenched


she LOVES finding her belly button (as we call it "bee bo")

 
So I had one of those moments today when I realized how happy I am.  It was nice.  I can't remember a time when I've felt as deep of happiness as I have since marrying Chris and having Esther.  I guess I'm learning by experience what God's eternal plan of happiness is really about....eternal families.   So thankful for the restored gospel and temples that make eternal happy families a reality.

This flood of joy is in part because the weather is GORGEOUS.  North Carolina in spring is a vision...blossoms and flowers everywhere. Another reason is that the week started with my birthday and this year's felt kind of special as I turned 25!  Locopops and chocolate molten cake were in order.  As were the German Apple Pancakes Chris made for breakfast.  Divine!

Anyhow, the REAL reason for being happy is that I spend all day with an exceptionally happy little person.




Esther is at such a fun stage right now (I know I've said that before, but this time I mean it).  She is usually either laughing, waving, jabbering, singing, dancing, eating, or begging for food.  Life is so happy for her.  One thing she's started doing is helping me call Chris to dinner.  I'll call up the stairs for him, and she joins right in shouting "dada!  Daddy!" nonstop.  Or, if we're outside and she hears Chris's chair move upstairs in the office, she shouts up to him...and he comes to the window to wave down at us.  Esther LOVES to wave.

Esther is very girl.  I often catch her trying on our shoes and wearing them around the house.  She finds my shopping bags and puts them on her shoulder.  Also, she loves to recline on soft things...quite the lady of leisure.

Esther is very social.  As a friend at church put it, "she has yet to meet a stranger."  Everyone is her friend...or very soon will be.  When we're picnicking at the park, she makes the rounds to every other group to socialize and see what everyone else is eating.  (I have caught her begging food from perfect strangers.)

She's becoming increasingly independent, especially since she is walking.  She walks up stairs on her feet, not on her knees. At the park, she can climb up the stairs to the slide by herself and she spends a lot of time exploring the back yard.

The other day after lunch she swiped her little bowl of food  and spoon from the table and so, to prevent an even dirtier floor, I quickly picked her up and set her outside.  A few minutes later I caught her sitting (reclining really) on our green lawn chairs and even though the contents of her bowl were spilled on the grass, she was feeding herself with that spoon like a grown up.  I so regret not having the camera at that moment because it was priceless.

5 comments:

  1. That girl puts a smile on my face!!!
    Also, so glad that we could celebrate your bday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is SO adorable! Those curls are to die for! Happy birthday by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my gosh! She is so stinking cute! I love her curly hair and vibrant personality. I can't wait to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I get a picture --the one with baby Esther over it?? I just can't believe how adorable she is and how bad I miss her!!!

    ReplyDelete