September 29, 2011

Women's Day

My stake (church group) has an annual "Women's Day" where all the ladies get together for classes that are educational and/or inspirational and then have a yummy lunch together.  It's a great tradition (especially for those who live to far away for BYU's Women's Conference) and this year's was a hit.

 I went to a parenting class was called "Strategic Parenting" and was based heavily on a book call The Parenting Breakthrough. It was all about preparing your children for adulthood and having set objectives for what each child should be capable of at a certain age.  It was a great class, but my favorite part of Women's Day was learning how to do flood icing on sugar cookies.   I don't know why, but I have this obsession with sugar cookies.  Even though I don't like how they taste, I LOVE making and decorating them but I'm usually too ashamed to give out my messy creations.  Still, I've been hauling around a giant jar of cookie cutters (half of which have never been used) thinking I'll someday know how to make the darling Martha Stewart-esque cookies.  Well friends, that day has arrived.

And a closer look: 


Flood cookies are great. They're darling but don't require much artistic abilities.  Such a shame these were thrown in the trash.  Chris can't eat them, I don't like them, and you can't give away Christmas cookies in September.

2 comments:

  1. I'd have eaten them :) They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookies look great--but the picture of Esther--OHHHH she is growing up and I miss giving hugs and hugs and hugs

    ReplyDelete